An application is currently pending before the Prince Edward County Council to amend the County’s Official Plan and Zoning By-laws to permit the extraction of up to 20,000 tons of sand and aggregate annually from a ninth pit to be opened on the Ridge Road.
To learn about our community’s concerns about this application and how you can help, please read our background document.
- Aggregate Resources Act R.S.O 1990
- Aggregate Resources Policies and Procedures
- Application Standards for Proposed Pits and Quarries
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Standards for Category 7 Class B Pit Above Water
- Provincial Policy Statement under the Planning Act (2014)
- Review of the Aggregate Resources Act:
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture – Submission to Standing Committee to Review the Aggregate Resources Act (2011)
- Standing Committee on General Government: Report on the Review of the Aggregate Resources Act (2013)
- Comprehensive Government Response to Report on the Review of the Aggregate Resources Act (2014)
- A Blueprint for Change: A Proposal to Modernize and Strengthen the Aggregate Resources Act (2015).
- Ontario Geological Survey – Aggregate Resources in Prince Edward County (1999)
- State of Aggregate Resources in Ontario Study SAROS (2010)
- Executive Summary
- Consolidated Report
- Paper 1 – Aggregate Consumption and Demand
- Paper 2 – Future Aggregate Planning and Alternatives Analysis
- Paper 3 – Aggregate Value
- Paper 4 – Recycling
- Paper 5 – Aggregate Reserves in Existing Operations
- Paper 6 – Rehabilitation
- Consensus Recommendations to the Minister of Natural Resources (2010)
- Canadian Institute for Law and Environmental Policy – Aggregate Extraction in Ontario – A Strategy for the Future (2011).
- Ontario Bar Association Institute – Recent Trends and Issues in Aggregate Approvals (2012)
- Cornerstone Standards – Responsible Aggregate Standard Version 4 (2014).
- Pits and Quarries: Licensing and Permitting under the Aggregate Resources Act (1999)
- Find Pits and Quarries Online